Topics

Yaesu System Fusion QSO day - April 25th

KH6CP Craig Paul

Yaesu USA suggests a YSF simplex QSO day April 25th using the world-wide VHF frequency of 145.5625 MHz.
(Yes, you have to change your frequency step to 6.25 kHz.)

Any takers? I'm on the Windward side! How many YSF users are in HNL and Leeward?
Thanks!

WH6ECG Evan Esaki

Hi Craig,

My FT-70D HT can reach you.  Let me know what time.

After 0800 HST I am available. I'm in the ARES LAX NE Zoom session before that.

Aloha,
Evan WH6ECG
Windward Oahu ARES District Emergency Coodinator

KH6CP Craig Paul

Thanks, Evan!

See you on-the-air at 9. DG-ID 00. Shall we coordinate via the 147 repeater?

Craig

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 11:37 AM WH6ECG Evan Esaki via groups.io <wh6ecg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Craig,

My FT-70D HT can reach you.  Let me know what time.

After 0800 HST I am available. I'm in the ARES LAX NE Zoom session before that.

Aloha,
Evan WH6ECG
Windward Oahu ARES District Emergency Coodinator

VE3SDU Dave Kidd

I'm on the Leeward Side, in Mililani.  I have YSF because the group I'm involved with back home uses the technology, but haven't found much of it out here so far.  I'll be monitoring 145.5625!

Dave / VE3SDU

WH6ECG Evan Esaki

Hi Dave,

My HT is 5 watts so you might not hear me.
My antenna and location are good, so I have a chance to hear you, though.

Craig and I will coordinate on our Windward 147.000 +pl 103.5 repeater.

Aloha,
Evan WH6ECG
Windward Oahu ARES District Emergency Coodinator

VE3SDU Dave Kidd

Between the low power of your transmitter and the mountains between us it's unlikely that I'll hear you, and I'm pretty sure that I don't hear the 147 repeater from here.  I'll at least be listening anyway, in case anyone else is on with YSF!

Dave / VE3SDU

WH6ECG Evan Esaki

Hi Dave,

Craig KH6CP and I were in a QSO from 0900 to 0930 in YSF simplex.

Please let me know if you heard anything. We varied power between about 1 and 5 watts.

I could hear Craig no problem at any power he used.  Craig said my audio had a slight warble when I used 1 watt, but still no problem copying. We are nearly direct line of sight, but some slight terrain and wooded areas in between us.

Aloha,
Evan WH6ECG
Windward Oahu ARES District Emergency Coodinator

KH6CP Craig Paul

Hi, Dave,

Evan and I had the simplex QSO, exercised Group Mode (GM), and tested powers.

I was using 1 watt and the Yaesu FT-2dr's "rubber duck" antenna.

I was 5 feet below the terrain with some moderately tall deciduous trees, with few gaps in the foliage, on the path to Evan.

I know from experiments I've run that my home station running at 40 watts, here 1 block mauka of Windward Mall, can't be heard
across the mountains past 1/3 the way down Likelike until I get to Middle Street and H-1. Likewise, from my own experience YSF
has better fringe signal performance that D-Star and DMR.

We've had people in Mililani participate in our monthly FM net. He was running 75 watts with a Yagi, able to "hit" our 147.000 repeater,
at elevation, close to the Marine Base (MCBH).

If we can get some island-wide nets going I'm willing to get a YSF mobile rig!

Yes, please do send a signal report!

By private e-mail I'd love to know your rig and antenna set up!
73 de Craig/KH6CP