Topics

Open invitation for interested operators

KH6WG Skawamae Kawamae

All
PleasE see Kimo's email.  Great oppoetunity.

de KH6WG

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sat, May 18, 2019, 8:38 AM
Subject: Fwd: Open invitation for interested operators
To: Stephen Kawamae KH6WG <skawamae@...>

Steve,
Would you mind forwarding this to your EARC mail list if you think they'll be interested.
Thanks.
Kimo

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sat, May 18, 2019 at 8:36 AM
Subject: Open invitation for interested operators
To: KARC Membership <members@...>, <hamradiohawaii@...>

Hi Hawaii Hams,

I am looking for people interested in finding out more about Amateur Radio High Frequency Contesting. I help maintain and manage one of the preeminent HF stations in Hawaii, KH6YY, which is the personal station of Alex, KH6YY. A group of us regularly participate in several radio contests each year in different categories, mostly Multiple Transmitter - Multiple Operator (aka mulit-multi) and Mult-Two, and lastly Multi-Single. Single Operator- Single Band efforts are sometimes done with individuals doing their own band at the same time from the station under their own call signs.

Next weekend a major worldwide contest known as CQ WPX CW is being held. I am open to host people interested in finding out more about worldwide HF radio contesting next Saturday, May 25. Likely mid-morning to lunch time or thereafter.

If you want to know more about this aspect of the hobby that can help you to learn technical skills and become a better operator, please let me know and join me and Doug, KH6U,  for a demonstration.

It is an International Morse Code contest but the principles are the same with a few differences. We shall make some contacts to show how it is done. If you know Morse Code it is a plus but not necessary for this demonstration.

Contact me by email ASAP. Space may be limited. The details will be forwarded later. Alex's home and station is on the North Shore above Waimea Bay, aka Pupukea. Even if you aren't sure but have questions please contact me anyway. Younger people are also welcome (preferably in middle school or older so they might understand things better).

73, Kimo Chun  KH7U