From: Matthew Foster - NOAA Federal <matthew.j.foster@...>
Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 8:20 AM
Subject: NWS SKYWARN Spotter training
To: Matthew Foster - NOAA Federal <matthew.j.foster@...>

Aloha Spotters!

It is that time of year again for initial/refresher SKYWARN spotter training provided by the National Weather Service Honolulu office. Because of the ongoing pandemic, we will be conducting the training virtually this year via GoToWebinar on Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 6pm. Training should take about 2 ½ hours with Q & A and some additional discussion with Kevin Bogan, AH6QO, SKYWARN HAM Coordinator. After registering, you can join us through the provided link or phone number that will be automatically emailed to you.

Register here:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7372002677537685517

Feel free to pass this invite to family, friends or someone you think may be interested in becoming a SKYWARN spotter. We will also record this presentation and provide a link through our spotter email list for you to view if you cannot make the training session. Yes, you will get the same credit for attending the live or recorded session. Once completed, email matthew.j.foster@... with the following information:

-Full name

-Home address

-HAM call sign (if applicable)

-Phone number(s)

-Hours available for a weather report (i.e. 8am-8pm)

-Date you trained

-If you’re a new spotter or if this is refresher training (provide your SKYWARN ID #)

Kevin Bogan asks those Amateur Radio operators interested in reporting their Severe Weather Reports (SWR) during an activation to please send him an email (as well) stating so to kevin.bogan@.... Please include your given name, surname, call sign, Spotter number, date last trained and primary location from which you might be reporting.  Your email address will be used to receive announcements of radio training opportunities as well as notification of Skywarn HAM activations and AAR. Zoom meetings for radio training, "hot wash" and other discussions. The radio training will focus on the reporting format and how it is passed on air and through Winlink or FLDIGI.

We would also like to invite you to watch our recorded 2019 SKYWARN training session that will cover many of the same topics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlttvKlyPFk&ab_channel=NWSHonolulu

Thanks,

Matthew Foster, Meteorologist, National Weather Service Honolulu

Kevin Bogan, AH6QO, SKYWARN HAM Coordinator