Topics

[NBEMS-HI] Marathon Update

WH7GG Keith Higa

Everyone,

I also want to add to what Clem said.

I have run the marathon about 13 times in my younger years. All of these aid stations are in the second half of the race, after mile 13. This is the point where many runners will start to experience difficulty, and some may request transport back to Kapiolani Park. These stations have a crucial need to be filled.

Also, things might happen: Rick KH6OM and I did Aid Station 8 a few years back, and we had to call in an emergency—a runner went into cardiac arrest. Fortunately, as far I know, the runner survived.

As someone who has experienced the marathon from both sides of the Gatorade table, I can tell you this: your participation is CRUCIAL in ensuring the safety of over 20,000 runners and can save a life. Longtime ham radio participants have ensured MY safety.

I will be in one of the support vans, so I hope to see you on the course. Please participate, if you can.

Thanks and 73
Keith
WH7GG

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 15:03 Clem via Groups.Io <chmjung4=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
To all,

There are five aid stations which still need Ham radio operators for the Honolulu Marathon.  The marathon will be on Sunday, December 9, 2018.  Need to be on station no later than 4:30 a.m. The start time is 5 a.m.

If interested in participating in the State largest marathon event, please email Greg (NH6ZS) at honu1@....  Greg will email additional information once you sign up.

Please get the word out on your nets, etc.  Time is short so let’s get Ham’s to volunteer their communication skills!

Let’s support this event!

73, Clem (KH7HO)

Begin forwarded message:

From: honu1@...
Date: November 30, 2018 at 12:28:12 AM HST

Subject: Marathon Update

Hi Clem,

Here is the list of "open" locations...

Aid Station Communicators:

 A/S 4: Triangle Park OPEN

A/S 7: Niu ValleyOPEN

A/S 8: Hawaii Kai DrOPEN

A/S 10: Kealaolu AveOPEN

A/S 11: Kahala AveOPEN

Mahalo!  Happy Holidays!

Greg

This Simple Method "Ends" Tinnitus - Try Tonight
fighttinnitusnow.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5c01110fc9d71110f6329st01vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

--