Leeward O`ahu Simplex Net, Aug 22nd

WH6CPH Pono

ALCON,

Just a friendly reminder - Leeward O`ahu will conduct a simplex net this evening, August 22nd at 1930 HST on the DEM-RACES repeater system (primary 146.860) and simplex 146.445.  This net is open to any licensed amateur radio operator and will continue monthly on the fourth Sunday of each month.

Tonight I plan to operate from Kamaile Academy Public Charter School (85-180 Ala Alau Street Wai`anae, Hawai`i 96792) as it has been added to the inventory of potential hurricane refuge areas in the City & County of Honolulu’s must recent update;
http://www.honolulu.gov/site-dem-sitearticles/35734-hurricane.html#evacuate.  I share this information with you as my intent is to operate at various locations that may serve as key sites during a disaster.  Your participating will greatly aid in planning as it provides a picture of potential propagation and challenges in and around our community.

Feel free to contact me should you have any questions, comments and/or concerns.

V/r,

C. Pono Higa, WH6CPH
Leeward O`ahu District Emergency Coordinator (DEC)
Hawai`i Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
(808) 457-7243

WH6CPH Pono

Aloha again,

This is just a follow-up to last night's Leeward O`ahu Simplex Net (August 22nd).  The following files have been linked for your reference:

Mahalo to all who participated - in total, 17 check-ins.  All are encouraged to participate and hopefully by collecting this data, it will better provide a picture in aiding our plans moving forward.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any suggestions for how to improve our activities or if you have any general questions, comments and/or concerns.

Until next month - 73,