Topics

Jamboree on the Air 18-20 October 2019

Adam Bentley

Jamboree-on-the-Air, or JOTA, is the largest Scouting event in the world. It is held annually the third full weekend in October. This year it is 18-20 October 2019.
I wanted to volunteer my support for this but not sure how best to get involved. I was curious if EARC has other members already supporting or interested.  There are multiple ways to do this, DMR, HF, VHF via repeaters.  Evan WH6ECG supported in the past and said "
My opinion is the best interactions are when scouts talk to other scouts, especially scouts who are far away.  To support scouts talking to scouts, I've used internet radio such as IRLP, ECHOLINK, and DMR.  I've used 20m HF from Bellows AFS to connect Windward scouts with Canadian scouts - and that was amazing.  The contact was limited in duration and time of day based on the window for 20m propagation, though."
Adam
WH6FJR