HQP 2021

KH6WG Skawamae Kawamae

EARC All;
Thanks to those that came to support the EARC and the Hawaii QSO Party.  There were about a dozen, two of which are brand new hams that just wanted to see what it was all about and came to visit.  The EARC has submitted under the call KH6CE its 12 hour log with 51 contacts on phone and all on 20m.  Conditions were spotty off and on.  Apparently there were a couple of CME's that day.  But we made contacts with Alberta and British Columbia in Canada, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington state, Wisconsin, Japan and Asiatic Russia.  Not too shabby considering the conditions and the portable setup.  It was great to work coast to coast from Delaware and New Jersey through California then East to Japan and Asiatic Russia!  I think I messed up on a South American station and I lost that contact.  Oh well.  It was a long hot day but turned into a nice cool evening.  Great to eyeball all those that did show up.  Thanks for the food and fellowship while maintaining our social distancing.   Only two were willing to grab the mike but all contacts were designated as KH6CE.  Looking forward to HQP 2022!

Aloha & 73,
de KH6WG