From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@...>
Date: Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 2:01 PM
Subject: Hawaii QSO Party
To: AD6E <ad6e@...>

Please save the dates: Aug 22-24 for the Hawaii QSO Party

https://www.hawaiiqsoparty.org/

The HQP will run from 0400Z 22 August to 0359Z 24 August. Work as many stations on as many bands and modes as you can.

The biggest complaint I heard last year was “Where were all the Hawaii stations?” We really need YOU to get on the air and make some QSOs. This is our one big HF event of the year and there will be a LOT of folks out there looking for HI. This event will be active for 48 hours, but no one has to be active the whole time. Think of it as a 48 hour window of opportunity. Play radio as much as you like during those hours. Make one QSO, two QSOs, 10, 100, 1,000 .. whatever. Just get active!

A map of the Hawaii multipliers can be found here: https://www.hawaiiqsoparty.org/mult-map/

While most QSO parties use their counties as multipliers, here in Hawaii we only have five counties so we've expanded the multiplier list to use “districts” instead .. roughly following the ancient Moku.

All digital modes (RTTY, FT8, FT4, PSK, whatever) are considered “digital” so there are three modes to use: CW, Phone, Digital.

Hopefully, the WX will cooperate and we'll have some excellent conditions.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions or suggestions.

Also, please let other hams know about this Party. My list of hams with HF ability is quite limited.

With Aloha,

Alan AD6E / KH6TU

HQP Chairman