Topics

[hamradiohawaii] 2019 Honolulu Marathon [1 Attachment]

AH6OO R Ueoka

Forwarding this email from Greg.  Found it in the spam folder.

Begin forwarded message:

On Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 2:58 PM, Gregory Amancio nh6zs222@... [hamradiohawaii] <hamradiohawaii@...> wrote:

Aloha Everyone!

The 2019 Honolulu Marathon (47th) will be held on December 08...

Start Time is 05:00am.

We are looking for ham radio operators / volunteers to cover the 26.2 mile race course.

Start Line is in the Ala Moana Blvd. / Queen St. area (fronting the old IBM building).

Finish Line is at Queen Kapiolani Park.

The communication positions for the event are:

NCS = 2

Support Van Comms = 8

Aid Station Comms = 13

Main Medical Tent = 2

I have attached last year's roster of volunteers for the positions needed and hope to hear that we will have returnees to support the marathon again.

If you new to ham radio, got your new license and would like to try your hand at radio communications, please use this opportunity to get your “feet wet”...join us at this years 47th Honolulu Marathon.

Please send me an email to = nh6zs222@....

Let me know your interest in a particular location! If there are “time restraints” but still interested in volunteering, please let me know also!

Mahalo! Hope to hear from you soon!

Aloha and 73's!

Greg Amancio / NH6ZS

View attachments on the web