Topics

General Class Upgrade Internet Class

AH0A Joe S.

With a lot of “strong encouragement” from Joe (KH6FGI), we decided to try a rushed Internet course for General upgrade.  (if there is interest).

For those that would like to upgrade to General class before the question pool changes on July 1st  2019, EARC will hold an Internet class based on the ZOOM conference software.

The course will be based on the Hamedication.org instruction material, based on the current ARRL General Class License manual used with EARC classes taught on Oahu.

                http://www.arrl.org/shop/ARRL-General-Class-License-Manual-Spiral-Bound/

Because only two months remain before the question pool changes, the schedule for the five 2-hour sessions is compressed:

Date and time

ARRL Manual Chapters

Questions

5/8 (Wed) - 7 to 9 pm

Chapters 2 and 3

99

Procedures and Practices; Rules and Regulations

5/11 (Sat) - 7 to 9 pm

Chapter 4

117

Components and Circuits

5/13 (Mon) - 7 to 9 pm

Chapter 5

78

Radio Signals and Equipment

5/15 (Wed) - 7 to 9 pm

Chapters 6 and 9

62

Communication Modes and; RF Safety

5/18 (Sat) - 7 to 9 pm

Chapters 7 and 8

106

Antennas and Propagation;

462

EARC instructors Steve (KH6WG), Joe (KH6FHI) and Joe (AH0A) will be participating in this experiment using Internet to teach classes.

We will accept five students who have time to participate. Students should have a PC with a large screen to view course material displayed.  PC audio (microphone and speaker) is preferred, although phone audio is available. Contact me or Joe (KH6FHI) if you would like to test your computer and Internet connection with the ZOOM software,

To register send an email to ah0a@...

Registered students will be sent logon information by email.

The exam will be held at the next EARC meeting at the Aiea Public Library, 5/21 at 6:30 pm.

Aloha es 73 de Joe/AH0A