From: Skawamae Kawamae
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:53 AM
Subject: Fwd: SET 2018 Exercise Information

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Clement Jung <chmjung4@...>
Date: Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 12:21 AM
Subject: SET 2018 Exercise Information
To: Skawamae Kawamae <skawamae@...>, Raleigh Ferdun <rferdun@...>, Evan Esaki <wh6ecg@...>, Bardwell Joe (AH6CU) <ah6cu@...>, Richard Bowen <rickbowen.pc@...>, Rick Ward <reward20a@...>, Robert Schneider <ah6j@...>, Dewey Proietti <nh6m@...>
Cc: Tad Miura <zssq@...>, Buckle, Harold (KH6HB) <hbuckle@...>, David T. Hafner <david.t.hafner@...>, Miranda, Ralph (WH7PD) <apache007@...>, Jeffrey Sue <jeffreysue@...>, Ron Hashiro <rhashiro@...>, Robin Liu <robin@...>, Melvin Fukunaga <fukunagam005@...>, Motomura, Harvey (AH6JA) <motomura@...>, Carter Davis <hazmathi@...>, Kevin Bogan <kevin.bogan@...>, Joseph Speroni <joe@...>, Darren Holbrook <handymanowl@...>

To Oahu ARES North District members,

de KH6WG

Sorry for the late notice.  Been busy with work and other radio stuff.  Pleasee see below from Clem and attached.  I have provided the ICS 205 Band Plan for North District.   Please participate if you can.  Simulating NO repeaters.  In fact the DEM and possibly the HIEMA linked repeaters are in real world, being taken down for maintenance after the Friday night EARC net.

Aloha,

de KH6WG

To all,

Attached is the ARRL SET 2018 exercise document.  The exercise will be held on Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon HST.

Please review and put together your own plan for your respective districts.  Develop your own ICS-205 Incident Radio Communications Plan.  Also, ensure you spread the word out to your members and to others who would be interested in participating in this exercise.  Though this is an ARRL exercise, it is open to everyone to participate.

We are simulating a situation very similar to what happened when Hurricane Marie in 2017 devastated Puerto Rico.  Oscar Resto (KP4RF), ARRL Section Manager for Puerto Rico, had made several presentations in Hawaii recently about what happened in Puerto Rico.  We can learn from him.  This exercise will be a worst case scenario for Hawaii.  We want to develop an incident map for this exercise.  Therefore, we want as many simulated messages to be sent so we can map it on each island.

We are encouraging the use of VHF simplex operation and digital mode, i.e., Winlink operations.

Again, I encourage the widest dissemination of this exercise information and encourage as many Hams to participate.

Any questions, please contact me.

Have a great exercise and have fun.

73, Clem Jung (KH7HO)

Pacific ARES Section Emergency Coordinator