FEMA/FCC Emergency Alert Message Test

WH6KM Kurtis Mabe

To All who answered the question from Wednesday evening net, "If you did or did not receive the text alert on your phone today?" Mahalo!

Here is the FEMA Notice on the event.
FEMA and FCC Plan Nationwide Emergency Alert Test for Aug. 11 Test Messages Will be Sent to TVs and Radios Along with Select Cell Phones That Have Opted-in to Receive Test Messages | FEMA.gov

From Hawaii News Now. Story and instructions on setting up your wireless device to receive the alert text (Federal/State)
FEMA to conduct nationwide emergency mobile alerts system test (hawaiinewsnow.com)

I checked mine and it was off...so I just enabled it for further alerts or tests.

Hope this Helps!

Kurtis - WH6KM

KH6OWL Darren Holbrook

The problem is that it doesn't tell you you have to dial a number to opt in and out. This is just for the emergency test alerts. If you want all notifications you can turn those on in settings.

Emergency Alerts on your phone

If you want to turn these alerts on or off, follow these steps:

  1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen.
  3. Under Government Alerts, turn the type of alert on or off. *

For most Android devices, you can access your device's alerting settings through one of the following options:

  1. Tap Apps → Emergency Alerts → Menu (three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen) → Settings → Alert types.
  2. Tap Apps → Settings → Apps & Notifications → Advanced → Wireless Emergency Alerts.

For Opting in on IOS for Test Emergency alerts:

Open the iPhone Phone App

Tap keypad

Dial *5005*25371#

Tap the call button and you’ll get an alert that says, “Test Alerts Enabled”

Tap the Word DISMISS when finished.

Enabled.jpg

To turn off test emergency alerts on iPhone:

Dial *5005*25370# and press call

You should see an alert saying “Test Alerts Disabled”.

Disabled.jpg

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 8:07 PM WH6KM Kurtis Mabe <kmabe@...> wrote:
To All who answered the question from Wednesday evening net, "If you did or did not receive the text alert on your phone today?" Mahalo!

Here is the FEMA Notice on the event.
FEMA and FCC Plan Nationwide Emergency Alert Test for Aug. 11 Test Messages Will be Sent to TVs and Radios Along with Select Cell Phones That Have Opted-in to Receive Test Messages | FEMA.gov

From Hawaii News Now. Story and instructions on setting up your wireless device to receive the alert text (Federal/State)
FEMA to conduct nationwide emergency mobile alerts system test (hawaiinewsnow.com)

I checked mine and it was off...so I just enabled it for further alerts or tests.

Hope this Helps!

Kurtis - WH6KM

WH6FQE RC Anderson

None of our devices received any alert today.

Aloha Nui Loa,

RC Anderson, Ph.D.
WH6FQE - WRAE542

Sent using the mobile mail app