Topics

2021 Renewal Season has begun!

WH7GG Keith Higa

CQ EARC!

I can't believe another year is almost over. I hope everyone is doing well in these unprecedented times. Although we aren't able to get together as a club for now, I know that we have definitely been staying in touch in other ways, including our Zoom general meetings and our nightly nets on the linked repeaters. With our radios, we ham radio operators have a way to keep in touch across miles.

Of course, keeping repeaters on the air takes time and money, and this is where your membership and support of EARC comes in, now more than ever. Among other things, we use your membership dues to maintain and repair the repeater system so we can stay in touch even when physically separated.

With the arrival of 4th quarter comes the beginning of renewal season, so I ask you to reaffirm your commitment to the EARC with your membership renewal. Annual dues are still $20.00 for calendar year 2021 (January 1 to December 31).

You might not be able to pay me directly for your dues as you've done in the past, but we still have options for you:
1. You can mail your payment to PO Box 30315, Honolulu, HI 96820. We have been checking club email at least once a week during the pandemic and we'll continue to do so.
2. You can send your payment via PayPal by going to http://www.earchi.org/member_pay.html and following the directions. You don't need to have a PayPal account to pay.

If you know any members who are not on the club reflector, please pass this on to them. Since our club meetings are now on Zoom and we announce the meetings via the reflector (we don't place the link on our website for security reasons), it's critical that all our members be getting the club emails.

I'll be sending reminders throughout renewal season. Let's see if we can reach 100 renewed members by December 31, and reach or exceed our current membership of 115 by March.

If you have any questions on your membership, please let me know.

Hoping to hear from you, and hope to see a lot of you at the meeting tonight!

Thanks and 73,

Keith Higa, WH7GG
Treasurer/Membership Chair, EARC