Topics

1.25m/220MHz usage

WH6OHM Kevin Brammer

A couple of years ago I was given a KST v6 handheld by a friend on the mainland. After finally getting a new battery and scouring the Internet for programming software I think I finally have the hang of it. The only thing is the radio is programmed for 1.25m/220MHz.

Are there any 220MHz users out there? Does anyone have a list of known good frequencies/repeaters?

73,

Kevin
WH6OHM

KH6CP Craig Paul

Hi, Tim,

I'm only aware of a single 220 MHz repeater on island and I haven't tried to use it yet.
It's in the vicinity of Diamond Head. Look for NH7ZD on the map.

I can duct to the KH6MP digipeater by Diamond Head using the same HT that does 220, so I might try that repeater sometime.

I live in Kaneohe and my discone doesn't have an element for 220, so it'd just be the rubber-duck antenna at 5 watts.

If you'd like to set up a sked e-mail me. We can coordinate on the 147 repeater when we attempt a QSO.
Craig/KH6CP

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 9:53 PM WH6OHM Kevin Brammer <wh6ohm@...> wrote:

A couple of years ago I was given a KST v6 handheld by a friend on the mainland. After finally getting a new battery and scouring the Internet for programming software I think I finally have the hang of it. The only thing is the radio is programmed for 1.25m/220MHz.

Are there any 220MHz users out there? Does anyone have a list of known good frequencies/repeaters?

73,

Kevin
WH6OHM

WH6ECG Evan Esaki

Hi Kevin,

I have 220 as ht triband and I have a 25w mobile triband. I also have a yagi.  I think Jim KH6JQD in Waipahu is the most known on 220.  St. Francis medical center in Nuuanu had a repeater, don't know if still true. There were repeaters in Ewa and Pearl City, but unknown status.

Good job exploring.

Aloha,
Evan WH6ECG
Windward Oahu ARES District Emergency Coodinator