Topics

1.25m/220MHz usage

WH6OHM Kevin Brammer

A couple of years ago I was given a KST v6 handheld by a friend on the mainland. After finally getting a new battery and scouring the Internet for programming software I think I finally have the hang of it. The only thing is the radio is programmed for 1.25m/220MHz.

Are there any 220MHz users out there? Does anyone have a list of known good frequencies/repeaters?

Kevin
WH6OHM

KH6CP Craig Paul

Hi, Tim,

I'm only aware of a single 220 MHz repeater on island and I haven't tried to use it yet.
It's in the vicinity of Diamond Head. Look for NH7ZD on the map.

I can duct to the KH6MP digipeater by Diamond Head using the same HT that does 220, so I might try that repeater sometime.

I live in Kaneohe and my discone doesn't have an element for 220, so it'd just be the rubber-duck antenna at 5 watts.

If you'd like to set up a sked e-mail me. We can coordinate on the 147 repeater when we attempt a QSO.
Craig/KH6CP

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 9:53 PM WH6OHM Kevin Brammer <wh6ohm@...> wrote:

A couple of years ago I was given a KST v6 handheld by a friend on the mainland. After finally getting a new battery and scouring the Internet for programming software I think I finally have the hang of it. The only thing is the radio is programmed for 1.25m/220MHz.

Are there any 220MHz users out there? Does anyone have a list of known good frequencies/repeaters?

Kevin
WH6OHM

WH6ECG Evan Esaki

Hi Kevin, 

I have 220 as ht triband and I have a 25w mobile triband. I also have a yagi.  I think Jim KH6JQD in Waipahu is the most known on 220.  St. Francis medical center in Nuuanu had a repeater, don't know if still true. There were repeaters in Ewa and Pearl City, but unknown status.

Good job exploring. 

Aloha,
Evan WH6ECG 
Windward Oahu ARES District Emergency Coodinator

-------- Original message --------
Date: 4/27/20 21:53 (GMT-10:00)
To: main@earchi.groups.io
Subject: [earchi] 1.25m/220MHz usage

Kevin
WH6OHM

WH6DWF Todd

Aloha Kevin,
We had up to nine 220mhz repeaters here on Oahu last year but I’ve noticed that some of them have become offline recently, maybe due to the Coronavirus and where they were located during the massive shutdown.
Below is a map of several repeaters around the island but only lists two 220 mhz machines but only one is currently working, the 224.500 mhz -1.6 no PL WH6PD, which I use often.
The second image is from a list of 220 mhz repeaters I’ve used while driving on the Leeward side of the island. Program all of these and give them a try...
Todd Wilson WH6DWF

WH6OHM Kevin Brammer

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'll update my programming and give these a try soon.

Kevin