Leeward O`ahu Simplex Net, October 24th

WH6CPH Pono

Aloha,

This message is a reminder of the Leeward O`ahu Simplex Net scheduled for Sunday, October 24th at 1930 Hawai`i Standard Time (HST).  This net is intended to be conducted on the fourth Sunday of every month at 1930 HST.  All licensed amateur radio operators are encouraged to participate, however consideration should be given to the intent(s) of the net.

This net is intended to provide a venue for operators to: (1) test equipment; (2) examine signal coverage within leeward O`ahu; (3) determine paths to pass messages to areas outside leeward O`ahu; and (4) exercise emergency communication (EMCOMM) practices.

A departure from previous months, the net will exclusively be conducted on frequency 146.4450MHz (simplex).  If you are unable to hear net control, standby and we will attempt relay(s).  Net control will conduct a check-in style net.  All are encouraged to record the list of participants as they check-in and note those you're able to hear well enough to potentially pass a voice message with.  Please send me a follow-up report via email of your notes at the conclusion of the net.  For example:

AL1PHA - Yes
BR2AVO - No

Note: Yes, meaning heard and able to potentially pass a voice message with.  No, meaning weak/scratchy signal or not heard at all.

I will be available on the DEM RACES repeater system (primary receive frequency 146.8600MHz, transmit frequency 146.2600MHz, and tone 88.5Hz) directly following the conclusion of the net for discussion, however a formal net will not be conducted on the repeater(s).

Should you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, feel free to contact me via email or phone at (808) 457-7243.

V/r,

C. Pono Higa, WH6CPH
Leeward O`ahu District Emergency Coordinator (DEC)
Hawai`i Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
(808) 457-7243