October 2, 2021 SET

KH7HO Clem

To all,

The ARRL sponsored Simulated Exercise Test (SET) is held the first Saturday in October, October 2, 2021.  It will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. HST throughout the State.  The scenario will be an extreme tsunami from a 9.2 moment earthquake in the Aleutians.  The simulated tsunami will have already arrived and has caused extensive destruction throughout the State of Hawaii.  For this communications exercise (COMMEX) and we will be requesting simulated damage reports from your location.  Check with your county emergency management / Civil Defense web site or you yellow pages of your phone book for your county extreme tsunami evacuation maps

All licensed amateur radio operator are encourage to participate whether you are an ARES, RACES, SKYWARN, HealthCOMM, or unaffiliated.  Request you operate with auxiliary power, e.g., using a generator or a battery with or without solar panels.  However, if you are not able to operate with auxiliary power, you can still operate from the electrical grid.

Please see additional information at the hawaiiares.net web site.

We hope you will be able to participate as we, as amateur radio operators, are prepared to provide amateur radio communications in a disaster.

Requesting widest distribution of this email.

73,
Clem Jung (KH7HO)
Pacific ARES Section Emergency Coordinator