Leeward O`ahu Simplex Net, Sep 26th

WH6CPH Pono

Aloha,

Just a friendly reminder - all licensed amateur radio operators are welcome to participate in the “Leeward O`ahu Simplex Net” happening tomorrow, September  26th at 1930 HST, on the DEM RACES linked repeater system (primary: 146.8600 MHz, -600kHz, PL 88.5) and the leeward O`ahu simplex frequency (146.4450 MHz).  This net meets on the fourth Sunday of every month at 1930 HST.

We’ll begin on the repeater system, accepting check-ins by ARES district (leeward, north, south and windward); move to the simplex frequency where a roll call will be conducted; then move back to the repeater system for another roll call, this time providing signal reports of those stations you’d be able to carry a conversation with.

I ask that all participants familiarize themselves with the RS(T) system of signal reporting, providing “R” (readability) and “S” (strength) for each participant.  You can find more information doing a Google search for, “RST System.”  Please email me your signal report following the net at least by noon on the following day.

Regardless of your current station (handheld, mobile or base), all are encouraged to participate.  Even if you may not be able to receive-from/transmit-to net control, we’ll come back around to attempt relaying.

Here are the results of last months net for your review:

Mahalo & stay safe,

C. Pono Higa, WH6CPH
Leeward O`ahu District Emergency Coordinator (DEC)
Hawai`i Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
(808) 457-7243