Leeward O`ahu Simplex Net, Aug 22nd

WH6CPH Pono

ALCON,

Just a friendly reminder - Leeward O`ahu will conduct a simplex net this evening, August 22nd at 1930 HST on the DEM-RACES repeater system (primary 146.860) and simplex 146.445.  This net is open to any licensed amateur radio operator and will continue monthly on the fourth Sunday of each month.

Tonight I plan to operate from Kamaile Academy Public Charter School (85-180 Ala Alau Street Wai`anae, Hawai`i 96792) as it has been added to the inventory of potential hurricane refuge areas in the City & County of Honolulu’s must recent update;
http://www.honolulu.gov/site-dem-sitearticles/35734-hurricane.html#evacuate.  I share this information with you as my intent is to operate at various locations that may serve as key sites during a disaster.  Your participating will greatly aid in planning as it provides a picture of potential propagation and challenges in and around our community.

Feel free to contact me should you have any questions, comments and/or concerns.

V/r,

C. Pono Higa, WH6CPH
Leeward O`ahu District Emergency Coordinator (DEC)
Hawai`i Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
(808) 457-7243