Re: Special message, Skywarn activation tonight

NH7VI Gordon

Art,
Just for you to have a better understanding of what HAM RADIO OPERATERS do in preparation for, during, and after emergencies.

Others may have a misconception of how important this element is in communication, island wide, state wide, national wide, and worldwide.

Yes, this is a hobby at one level. but
so important on another higher level.

Shared enough.

Thank you for being the Chairperson of this 100th Anniversary of the signing of the Armistice in Hawaii. It has been a long ride, and I am Proud to be a member of your Committee.

MAHALO, GORDON

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018, 11:53 wayne kh6in <wgreenhi@...> wrote:
To all,

Bob Ballard, NWS, is requesting SKYWARN Ham activation tonight  for the expecting heavy rain and flooding that are expected tonight to tomorrow.

We will be operational tonight at 8 p.m. HST.  Each shift may need to work 6 hours and 15 minutes.

The following will report for the first shift to setup at 7:30 p.m. at the KH6SW:
- Chuck (KH6DL)
- Heather (WH6FTQ)
- Raleigh (KH6EN)

2nd Shift 2 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. or longer:
- Kevin (AH6QO) (maybe able to stay longer)
- Ophemia (KH6OH)
- Clem (KH7HO) (will stay longer)
- Doug (KH6U) (5 a.m. until 12 noon)

Remote HF relay stations:
- Joe (KH6FHI)
- Gerald (KH6DH)
- Evan (WH6ECG)

NCS, bring your laptops for FLDigi and DMR-HI radios (if you have one) to monitor the HI-1 talk group and get additional weather reports.

We will be on the linked State and DEM RACES repeaters (the Kahuku and Waimanalo DEM VHF are not linked) and on HF 7.080 upper side band for voice and if available, FLDigi.  For those who are DMR-HI users, we will be on Hawaii 1 talk group.

Thanks to the above SKYWARD NCS for willing to activate.

Please spread the word about the SKYWARN Net.

Clem (KH7HO)
State SKYWARN Ham Coordinator