From: ARRL Members Only Web site <memberlist@...>
Date: Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 8:04 PM
Subject: Amateur Radio Digital modes
To: <joetabrah@...>

Aloha all,

The Winlink Development team published an excellent digital modes
comparison study by Thomas Whiteside (N5TW) on their website.  It shows
steady improvements in performance as software algorithms evolve.  The
study was triggered by the release of VARA HF 4.0.1 on Jun 30th.

The addition of digital in our EmComm tool kit makes Amateur Radio more
valuable to our served agencies.  Let’s pass this information on to
ARRL members and plan to provide education for Amateurs interested in
these new modes.  Winlink is a tool for personal communications, health
and welfare traffic, and served agencies with varying need of digital
formatted messages.

The study is well done and worth reading.

73 de Joe/AH0A

https://tinyurl.com/ybafydyd