HDOH Novel Coronavirus Update

WH6ERV lynn b

Good morning,

HDOH sent this information yesterday:

As the new coronavirus has been headlining the news recently, we’d like to remind everyone that there are NO cases in Hawaii at this time. Though the immediate health risk in Hawaii is low, we recognize the seriousness of the situation and are working diligently with the county and federal officials around the clock. We anticipate that at some point there may be a case identified in Hawaii and the department is continually updating information as the situation evolves and federal directives change.  We urge everyone to learn about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) by staying informed with credible sources, such as the Department of Health’s website.

Please take a moment to review and feel free to point others to the Department of Health’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) at:  https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/files/2020/01/2019_nCoV_FAQ.pdf

Additional information and resources are available at the DOH website at www.health.hawaii.gov. Click on the coronavirus banner to visit:https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/advisories/novel-coronavirus-2019/

Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is available at www.cdc.gov/ncov

Aloha United Way is also available at 211 from anywhere in Hawaii, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for information and referral services as indicated on the attached flier.

Additional recommended links: