Mini FD 2019

KH6WG Skawamae Kawamae

To EARC Mailing List,

Thanks to all who came to share food, fellowship, good times and amateur radio.  It was a great evening with good old fashioned “talk story”.  While other parts of the island looked like rain, we didn't even have a drizzle.  It was a bit breezy and the  "parking" had a couple of ponds, but all was great.  Twenty something came and went throughout the evening.  Pretty good considering the last minute nature of obtaining our permit, 4pm on Friday, the day before the event.  Even at that, all we had for proof of permit was a printed email.  Hahaha.  Nobody even asked though.  Thanks to all who shared in the Potluck and especially for the home cooked meals.  All present at the door prize drawing got something ranging from gift certificates from Subway, Outback, Starbucks, Dominos, Chili’s, CPK to a Cordless Sodering Iron, an RPI, a Nano VNA, a UV5R (thanks WH6DWF for the donation) and the “Grand” prize was an Anytone AT778 transceiver.  Hope we can do this again next year.  Speaking of which, I have verbal confirmation from the FRA that our meeting schedule is status quo.  I still have to sign the paperwork, but it looks like we are good for 2020.  Seasons Greeting, Merry Christmas and have a safe, joyous and prosperout New Year.

Aloha,

de KH6WG